Terms and Conditions
Bookings which are cancelled or rescheduled within 28 days of arrival date will forfeit their deposit if we are unable to secure an alternative booking of equal value. If we are able to secure a booking of equal value, we will refund your deposit minus a 3% administration fee. If we receive a booking of lesser value, your deposit will be returned minus the monetary difference in the bookings and minus a 3% administration fee. If you have booked through a third party booking agent, there may be additional booking fees which are not refundable. Please contact us for advice on the cancellation policies of third party booking sites.
Bookings which are cancelled or rescheduled more than 28 days of arrival will be refunded their deposit minus a 3% administration fee and any applicable third party booking fees.
Terms and Conditions
1) Payment (deposit or full payment) formalises an agreement between the guest and Gem Apartments Short Stay to occupy the premises for the specified days and signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1a) Full payment is due 7 days prior to arrival and will be charged to the credit card supplied for the deposit unless notified in writing prior to the due date. If payment is via direct deposit the due date is 7 days prior to arrival.
2) Cancellations made within 28 days of booking arrival date incur a 100% cancellation fee unless we are able to rebook the apartment for the same rate. If the apartment is rebooked, the deposit will be returned minus any monetary differences in the bookings and a 3% administration fee of the booking. Cancellations made with more than 28 days notice will be refunded their deposit minus a 3% administration fee and applicable third party booking fees. We encourage our customers to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
3) You must only provide credit card details which you are authorised to use
4) The number of guests must not exceed the number of guests included in the tariff.
5) Strictly no parties or a gathering that may be deemed as a party
6) Our apartments are subject to body corporate rules. Please refer to the apartment manual on arrival at the apartment. Noncompliance of these rules will result in you being removed from the property without refund. Acceptance of these terms and conditions signifies acceptance to abide by the specific apartment and body corporate rules found in the apartment manual on the property.
7) Guests will
7.1 Respect the residential amenity of the property and neighbours
7.2 Maintain the security of the property
7.3 Maintain noise to a reasonable level and, in particular, between 10pm and 8am
7.4 Abide by any noise abatement order issued by police or any regulatory authority
7.5 Refrain from behaving in any drunken, obscene or antisocial behaviour.
7.6 Guests are responsible for their visitors and thier behaviour.
8) Garbage must be disposed of in allocated rubbish chutes and bins and rubbish must not be left in the car park, or public or common areas.
9) Your booking includes a basic exit clean. If you do not leave the apartment in neat and tidy order, and follow the instructions in the apartment manual, your credit card will be charged with an additional cleaning expense.
10) Guests are required to leave the carpet in the same condition as arrival. If the carpet is stained money will be deducted from guests credit card for a steam clean.
11) Guests can book extra cleaning services (including fresh towels and linen) during their stay for an extra $70per service. At least 24 hours notice is required per interim clean.
12) It is the guests responsibility to notify management of any breakages or damages which occur at the property. Money may be deducted from your credit card to cover replacement or repair.
13) Guests must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours and other vehicles.
14) Guests must return any parking stickers or credit card will be deducted $10.
15) Guests must notify the Manager of any complaints as soon is practicable.
16) The cost of any missing items will be deducted from the guests credit card.
17) The replacement cost of lost keys (approx $300 – $500) will be deducted from the guests credit card or bond to cover replacing all sets of keys and or redoing locks and replacing fobs replacing car park access an additional $150.
18) Strictly no pets allowed.
19) Payment must be made in Australian dollars.
20) Our apartments are strictly non smoking but smoking is permittted on the balconies if applicable.
21) Usage of internet is restricted to browsing and mail applications only. Guests downloading large files or using the internet for illegal purposes is prohibited and may incur additional costs. If charges are passed on to the guest, documentation will be provided upon request.
22) Gem Apartments reserves the right to cancel the booking and provide the guest with a full refund if applicable within 24 hours of the booking being made, or if the apartment becomes inhabitable and appropriate alternative accommodation is not available within the Gem Apartments group.
21) Non adherence to these terms and conditions will result in you being removed from the property without refund and may result in forfeit of your bond or if a credit card was supplied for security charges may apply.